New Opportunities Await
Volunteer Assistant Content Producers, Brand New Show- Radio Haver
A brand-new show is coming to Radio Haver and we are seeking to engage with the audience through entertaining guests interviews and creative ideas in ways that are funny, exciting, gripping, thrilling, unusual, bold, imaginative and impressive. We want to continue to encourage and inspire our audience to join in, contact us and broach more hot topic issues that affect members of our community here in Glasgow. Radio Haver is seeking to appoint an Assistant Content Producer to join the Haver Family and help create a bold new vision for a bold new show.
To be a successful Assistant Content Producer on our new show you'll be able to come up with factual entertainment ideas, developing and pitching features on a weekly basis and creating items that are interactive, innovative, entertaining and informative, in addition to generating interactive ideas for planned feature items.
You will have the opportunity to continue to develop a broad set of digital skills within a team that encourages innovation and is looking to push the boundaries, pioneering more integrated ways of working across different media. Radio Haver’s forward-looking approach marries the best of linear programming with highly engaging social-media interactivity which means you'll be working at the cutting edge of the online radio industry.
Are you the right candidate?
• A mind for generating and pitching compelling and entertaining items
• Knowledge and understanding of the interests and passions of modern Glaswegians
• Ability to learn how to write creative copy
• Interest and knowledge of current social and moral issues affecting Scotland in 2019
• Ability to work as part of a team or on one’s own initiative
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to reach out to prospective guests and conduct a pre interview with them.
Start date: Ideally from early to mid-August 2019
Location: Glasgow or surrounding areas
• Flexible working hours and the work can be done from home meaning you can fit this role around your other commitments. The role would suit students, those who are stay at home parents, retired looking for a new adventure, school leavers, or those in long term unemployment.
• Excellent training opportunities – Radio Haver offers full training for volunteers.
About Radio Haver
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Diversity matters at Radio Haver. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all our volunteers to thrive and achieve their full potential. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of Radio Haver – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We offer flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
If you are interested in applying, please reach out to Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of “Assistant Content Producer” for full details.